Swan Garage established trading way back in 1914, initially as a coach and horse stop for travellers between Portsmouth and London. This was on a site at Bosham, some 2 miles from Chichester on the Western exit of the A27 trunk road . General repairs on bicycles and early motorised transport vehicles began in the Twenties and Thirties, together with sales of oil and fuel. At one period in the early Forties fuel from Shell, BP and National Benzol was dispensed from single petrol pumps (one pump, one tank) to passing vehicles, and although the main turnover was fuel, this was limited because of the small capacity of the underground storage tanks.
- Chichester & Bognor Regis
|Phone Number||012 4378 2000|